Thursday 29 March 2012

Vignette repeat fabric print

Its hard to believe that my solo show in Melbourne opens tomorrow night. Ive pretty much got everything ready, all I need to do is catch the train this evening. I cant decide if I am more excited about the train trip (I love travelling by train) or the exhibition opening. 

Probably both!

My show will consist of images which have been drawn onto ceramics. In the picture below you can see two of them next to the stencil ....

Preparing fabric repeat stencil
The images have been screen printed onto paper, and also collated into a repeat fabric print.

Vignette repeat in navy

Vignette repeat in sepia

Vignette repeat on the print table
 Next post will include photos of the works hanging in the gallery!

or come along and join me for the opening if you are in Melbourne...

6pm Friday 30 March
Brunswick St Gallery
322 Brunswick St, Fitzroy 3065

3 comments:

  1. Love the work. Enjoy your train trip and I hope it's a successful show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, Kate.

    Have a fantastic time tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :)

    The train trip was fun - but most of it was spent trying to find a comfortable position to sleep - so the novelty wore of very quickly :)

    The exhibition looked great in the space and I even sold one of the fabrics (the navy one) at the opening.

    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails